Numerous studies provide substantial evidence supporting the health benefits of Vitamin C. These include reducing the severity and duration of symptoms of the common cold . Vitamin C is also well documented for its antioxidant activity and is the subject of clinical trials worldwide. It helps to reduce damage to body tissues by free radicals, including those generated by cigarette smoke and those produced by immune activity.
Vitamin C is essential for the formation of connective tissue in the skin, joints, bones, tendons, ligaments, spinal discs and the walls of blood vessels. Formation of the amino acid Carnitine is dependent on Vitamin C and Carnitine deficiency can cause fatigue and muscle weakness . Vitamin C helps to increase iron absorption from vegetarian foods, which may help fatigue and weakness due to iron deficiency.
Features and benefits
- Convenient easy to use powder
- Non Acidic form of Vitamin C
- Improves the efficiency of Vitamin E
- Improves the absorption of iron
Vitamin C Ascorbic Acid contains
- Calcium Ascorbate 1g/g
- 1 gram is equivalent to
- Vitamin C 900mg
- Calcium 100mg
- Tasteless when mixed with juice
- Not to be used in children under two years of age without medical advice.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet. High doses of Vitamin C , usually greater than 5g daily, may cause flatulence and mild diarrhoea when the absorption threshold is reached. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.